Imagine Schools Standards-Based Curriculum
Imagine School at North Port’s Standards-Based Approach to Learning
The curriculum is characterized by challenging academic standards implemented throughout the state of Florida that lead to high achievement as well as college and career readiness for all students. Standards are clearly articulated at each grade level, building upon a solid content base in each academic subject. Students expand prior knowledge through a spiraled thematic curriculum, focusing on inquiry and project-based applications of key concepts and universal ideas. Instructional practices vary, ensuring that teachers meet the needs of students with diverse learning styles.
The curriculum provides students and teachers with world class learning opportunities, with a focus on the following:
- Learner centered results
- Authentic and challenging materials and activities
- Embedded character education
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Integration of state-of-the-art technology
- A hands-on, minds-on approach to learning
- Rigorous lessons and complex texts that prepare students for college and careers
- Personal and global perspectives
- Reflection and exchange of ideas
- Interdisciplinary thematic units
We believe that engaging students in a rigorous standards-based curriculum is essential to student achievement and success. At Imagine Schools, the curriculum ensures that students enjoy the moment, and learn for a lifetime.